The 4th Annual Shred/Recycle Event was another success:
A big shout out to all the volunteers!
Tricia from AccuNW
A big thank you to AAA Oregon for the parking lot
RHBA Members and helpers
Will Sivertsen (his wife, daughter …. the 4 total Girl Scouts)
Kel Acera and his 2 daughters (Kel gets his girls involved in community services activities and giving back)
Said from Sesame donuts donated 2 dozen donuts
$29 cash donations
Thank you to the businesses that help make our event a success
WA Cty Sheriff
Garden Home Community Library
Interstate All Battery
- 286 Vehicles brought paper & there were 2 or 3 people who walked to the event with their recycling
- AccuNW shred 53 large containers of paper (generally they limit at 50 bins)
- 450 lbs of Batteries
- 2 Large pallets of E-cycling
- Books donated to Garden Home Community Library
- Minimal amount of home goods donated to the Community Warehouse
We had some problems with shredder jamming due to the fact that people had inadvertently put non-shred items into their paper shredding containers.
These were the culprits:
- Dog Bone
- Sponge Brushes & Decoupage
So save the date we’ll be holding our 5th Annual Event next year on April 21, 2018….
Raleigh Hills Business Association Mission: To support the community of Raleigh Hills; to promote a vibrant business environment, maintain a safe and healthy climate, create community consciousness and maximize livability.
4th Annual Shred/Recycle Event sponsored by RHBA
Saturday, Apr 22, 9:00 AM – Noon
8555 SW Apple Way (in the AAA Oregon parking lot faces Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy), Portland, OR 97225
As a community service RHBA is paying the $450 to rent the shred truck from AccuNW. Bring up to 4 boxes of documents to shred (be mindful that we are not set up to take large office clean outs of documents).
Mark your calendars we will be updating this post with those vendors who will be accepting goods that day. All these business accept your donations at any time not just during this RHBA Event, feel free to contact any of these businesses and donate today!
We will also be accepting the following:
– EcoBinary e recyclers www.ecobinary.com will be accepting any electronics including old cell phones, computers, monitors, office furnishings (except big screen TV’s), dead or alive
– Cartridge Network www.cartridge-network.com will be accepting any sorts of toner cartridges
– Interstate All Battery http://www.interstatebatteries.com will accepting batteries
– Community Warehouse www.communitywarehouse “accepting” good useable household items that will help families get set up in households (kitchen utensils, bedding including mattress pads, blankets, sheets and pillows, towels, etc; single/double/queen only mattresses are accepted without stains, tears or rips. NO large furniture; no king size mattress, no large bed frames, no armoires or china hutches, no sofa beds or heavy recliners.
– Garden Home Community Library will take books and movies.
Washington County Sherriff Community Outreach will be present at the event.
ITEMS WE WILL NOT BE TAKING!!!
No Light Bulbs
No Florescent Lights
No Big Screen TV’s
No King size mattresses
No Stained or Soiled Mattresses of any kind
No Wardrobe Closets
No Large Bulky Furniture
No Plastic bags
No moving boxes or packing material
Please note the items we’re taking will be re-purposed in some way avoiding the landfill.